A Day of LeeZure
It is good that I'm blogging about today rather than using paper/pencil since today's activities weren't worth writing home about. While on vacation, it is good to remember that relaxing away from home is usually much better than lazing about home, but for those of us who are activity-driven it's not easy to have minutes zip by.
My chagrin aside, we drove 0.8 of a mile to breakfast at the Tenaya Lodge this morning. The buffet was overwhelming...for the wallet, but admittedly was tasty. We enjoyed each other's company and the fruit, French toast, waffle, bacon, eggs, potatoes...
After our prolonged drive home, 2 min tops :) everyone seemed to shift into laze gear. It was obvious that a well-deserved downtime was going to "tsunami" any plans for hiking, so I grabbed my acquiescent surfboard and road with it. While the others became horizonal, I took a field trip to the creek below a nearby bridge. I was fortunate to see Sandhills cranes, Stellar's Jays, trout, crawdads, a snake, and a new bird, the American Dipper. It has a funny little bounce dance.
After lunch, Jen and I headed to Oakhurst to scavenge for grub and seek a vessel for baking bread. We finally found a terra cotta pot at a cool nursery.
Time to eat the gourmet bacon & cheese burgers that I grilled.
No comments:
Post a Comment